Grenaa Gymnasium’s Boarding School
IB Diploma in Denmark. School and friends at your doorstep. Is it for you?
Grenaa Gymnasium’s Boarding School is a good choice, if you can’t stay at home or would like to leave home.
Be close to friends and school
Living here means zero transportation time to and from school. In fact, you don’t need to spend any time getting yourself from A to B on a daily basis – you have school, friends, spare time activities, homework ‘cafés’ and meals right where you are.
Enjoy a great social life in an international atmosphere
You will be sharing your everyday life with young people from around the world with all kinds of different backgrounds.
During the first month of the school year we arrange lots of activities to ensure that you get to know each other.
The Boarding School is a great place with all kinds of different people and delicious food. You get plenty of gravy here! Tahmin Sarai, IB
Who can stay at Grenaa Gymnasium’s Boarding School?
You can live at the Boarding School if you are a student at Grenaa Gymnasium.
What are the Boarding Fee?
The full boarding fee for a year’s residence is this year DKK 43.500,-
You may be entitled to state subsidy. Read more about the boarding fee.
More about the Boarding School
Grenaa Gymnasium: 2 minutes
Grenaa Sports Centre: 5 minutes
Grenaa Bus and Train Terminal: 10 minutes
Grenaa Town Centre: 12 minutes
Grenaa Beach: 20 minutes
Life at the Boarding School is half-way like still living at home and having left home.
- You can book wake-up calls in the morning
- Meals are served (at least) five times a day
- We take part in ensuring that you get your school work done
- We keep an eye on you to make sure that you are doing well, and we will always be there to help and assist you if you have any problems
- You have chores – such as tidying up in the common areas
- You must respect quiet-for-study time between 8 and 11 p.m. and absolute quiet time from 10 p.m. (11 p.m. friday and saturday) to 7 a.m.
Have your say
Living at the boarding school you are a member of the boarding school student council. This gives you a say regarding our rules, the food, the facilities, etc.
- Homework café twice a week with teachers from Grenaa Gymnasium
- Study time between 8 and 11 pm
- Studygroup room with board
Through the year we have a lot of joint activities.
Here are some examples:
- Evening events with food and fun
- Day-trip to Aarhus skating rink
- Flea market
- Danish Christmas dinner
- Day-trip to Djurs Sommerland fun park
Any ideas for what we might do? – you have your say!
You are free to do what you want, as long as you respect our rules. The rules are there to ensure the well-being of everyone at the boarding school and you must respect them. As long as you do that and we see that you thrive, you are free to spend your time as you wish.
We will not leave you alone if you seem unhappy. In that case we will interfere and try to help in the same way that your parents will help you with your troubles, no matter what they might be.
We take an interest in your well being and that you do attend lessons and do homework. All in all, many of the same things that your family would also do.
The boarding staff cares whether you settle in well We are always ready to assist if you have a problem or need someone to talk to.
There is staff at the boarding school around the clock.